Spider spray and my gear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZBeer

Reaction score
Where we live, there a bunch of crickets. Had a particularly loud one in our laundry room tonight. I actually found the little bastard. Then there was another right after that...in the laundry room. Went looking, and turns out there were 2 more, coming in where the plumbing comes in through the dry wall(which will be remedied this weekend). Didn't give it much thought, got the spray we have on hand, water based spider spray, and have the area a bit of a spray. Seriously not a major spray, or anything excessive. Sprayed down behind the utility sink.
Didn't think about it until 45 mins later or so. All my gear is above where I sprayed. Ss Kettle, Ss fermentor, some glass fermentors, various valves, plastic hoses, etc. All on shelves over head.

So, am I being super paranoid? Give everything a good cleaning and go? Burn the sucker down?

Nuke it from orbit? :D

I leave all of the ball valves on my 3v2p rig half open, which enables the creepy thought some buggy entity could find their way inside. That said, I've never had the rig yak up a spider or any other critter. But should similar circumstances as the above ever occur here (crosses self three times!) I'd be compelled to blow out all of the pumps and the ball valves and sight gauges on my three kettles and even blow out the hex in my hlt, then give the kettles a good rinse.

After that I wouldn't even bother with "cleaning" anything. It's all going to be raised well into the temperature vs time curve for Pasteurization effects...

Cheers!

That's kinda what I thought, but then thought about poisoning myself. 🤮

Back