Speidel Braumeister 20L with short Malt pipe vs 10L?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayfro21

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am really looking into getting one of these two systems, but I am trying to figure out which configuration I would like to get. I currently do 2.5 gallon batches and do not plan anytime in the near future to scale up to 5 gallon batches (for two reason, 1) I don't need that much of one beer and 2) I HATE bottling 5 gallons of beer and do not plan on going back to kegging anytime soon). So I am trying to make the decision between getting to 20L version with the short malt pipe to brew 10L batches or just getting the 10L version by itself. The only reason to get the 20L version for me is the rare occasion I would like to do a bigger beer without needing to use DME/LME or other sugars to boost the SG. Plus, the 20L version has a more powerful pump and a 2000W element, which means to me faster boiling time and more vigorous boil. However, I love the tiny size of the 10L and it's obviously a little cheaper. Anybody have any experience with this issue and can provide some insight? Thanks in advance!

- Jason

Did you pull the trigger on this? I have the 20l and love it. I might sell it to buy a 50L though..

Back