Special police operations successful

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finchlake

Reaction score
Special police operations successful

THE Manus police boss is pleased with the special police operations that led more than 2000 youths to surrender. homebrews, drugs and stolen properties.

The operation was set up early this month to curb drug trafficking and homebrewing that had been on the rise in Manus.

Provincial police commander Insp Alex N’drasal said since the operations began, youths from the 12 local level government wards had surrendered materials comprising equipment used to produce homebrew, uprooted marijuana plants and stolen goods.

The operation was being carried out jointly by police and the provincial government who took the initiative to fund it. Insp N’drasal said in order to bring services to the village wards, they must be cleaned up thoroughly.

He said police were checking incoming ships from other provinces on a daily routine. Insp N’drasal said police would be implementing an amnesty period for people to surrender drugs and their homebrew making equipment.

He said if they did so before the second week of December, they would not face any prosecution.

Are they talking about our kind of Homebrew?

If so I'mglad I don't live in Manus. (Where ever that is)

Sounds like it was in Europe somewhere---Britain perhaps---from the tone of the article. As far as I know, it's not illegal for underage persons in the states to possess homebrewing equipment, but it is illegal for them to use it.

OK, New Guinea. I thought that was a fairly tolerant part of the world..

It's going to be kindof dull around there after the police raids are finished.

homebrew could be talking about other things. I really hope they're not talking about homebrewed beer. Maybe it's illegal there regardless of age though. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

sTango said:
New Guinea -- homebrew 'not ok'
Cannibalism -- 'ok'

lol.....i jest...i jest

Lol, I didn't think of that, but I did think of the recent show where the tribes are in constant war (like with spears and stuff) in that it is a way of life. That and they still value shells over coin. Papua New Guinea is on my lists of places that I don't really want to visit :D.

sounds like they are not happy with YOUTHS making their own acloholic beverages. They might be distributing the hooch to other kids as well.

Yeah, I remember watching a documentary not too long ago where they said that some of the tribes only 'recently' stopped practicing cannibalism....dont know what they meant by 'recently' but I dont want to end up there after a shipwreck or something....unless I have plenty of Ale to bribe them with.

Neomich said:
homebrew could be talking about other things. I really hope they're not talking about homebrewed beer. Maybe it's illegal there regardless of age though. Breaking the law is breaking the law.
doesn't mean the law isn't wrong though.

Back