Sparkling water without the shaking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmesford

Reaction score
I have a nice simple system. I store tap water in a plastic 2 litre bottle in the fridge. When we run low on sparkling water I connect a CO2 tank, through a regulator, at 30psi, to the plastic bottle and shake it for 60 seconds. I then decant it into two glass Gerosteiner bottles. This works fine. But it seems like we always run out when I’m in a hurry, or my shoulder hurts, or I’m tired, or some other lame excuse. We drink a lot of sparkling water so I have to make it almost daily. I just can’t help but wonder how SodaStream makes sparkling water without shaking. Is there some special adapter or cap that somehow injects the CO2 in a way that carbonates more efficiently? Is there some way to replicate that in my system? Thoughts?

two carbing caps? and some sort of quick cabr to have the water flow back into the first 2 liter as the pressure rises? kinda like easy shaking really....not sure just tossing something out...

Back