Sparging/Boiling in P.M. / Pitch Yeast in A.M.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZacMac

Reaction score
I have looked for this question before I posted it and didn't see anything so I apologize if there is a thread that I missed.

Has anyone tried this method: mash, sparge, boil, use an immersion chiller to get wort to about 85 or degrees, put the vessel in a fridge to get it to drop in temp, leave it over night so that in the morning the wort is cooled properly and yeast is ready to be pitched.

I ask this because I often brew late into the night and that extra hour or so that I wait for the wort to drop to 70 degrees can seem like an eternity.

Any thoughts?

Search "no chill brewing" here (two threads down, actually) or Google, you'll find a ton of articles. I'm actually thinking of trying this for a batch coming up. Saves time and water...if you can wait to pitch, that is. Good luck.

;)

I've done this quite frequently if my brew day takes me into the evening. I never read the no chill brewing thread, just not interested and by now it is way too long.

Back