Southern New Mexico Hops Test 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjosefy

Reaction score
Below is a link to my hops trial run for 2015 the Willamette was started at the same time as the Centennial but with no growth showing as of yet. Anyone else trying to grow down in the heat AZ, Southern CA?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BussE778U[/ame]

When did you plant your rhizomes? How much sun per day do your plants get? Do you have to manually water each of those buckets?

--Mr. Curious

I started all of them about a month ago except for the two with no growth I started them a week ago they get 15 minutes at 6 a.m. and 15 minutes at 8 p.m. of just light sprinkling from my regular grass irrigation system they get full sun all day and starting this last sunday and from now on on sundays I'm giving them some miracle grow in lite concentration also I should mention that due to the height of the bucket even though they're getting 15 minutes of water twice a day they're really not getting that much water and the top soil I'm using is very light and kind of fluffy and doesn't hold water that well but it seems to be working pretty well

Back