South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 32!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to send someone to pick up my grain if the pick up is before 9/23/12. I'm going on vacation from 9/15-9/23. Brilliant planning on my part!!

If the pickup is next week or the week after, Thursday through Saturday will work for me, Sunday through Wednesday won't.

The order was sent in.... I'll let everyone know as soon I hear back about the pick up.

There was a last minute delay because of a malt that was out of stock. Delayed the order a bit. The affected parties have been PM'd and the changes have been made. Should have a clear idea tomorrow about the pickup date.

The pickup is going to be on Friday, the 28th. It was set back a bit because of out of stock malts but all is good now! It's not leaving NCM until early next week.

I'm not able to send out individual PMs with full details tonight so i'll get them out tomorrow.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen...we are going away for vacation this week (leaving tomorrow), is there anyone willing to pick up my grain and hold it until Monday the 1st? I'd be glad to pick up the cost for tolls and gas if someone in PA (Delco anyone?) was able to help me out. Thank you.

I am in the Willow Grove/ Fort Washington/ Ambler area. If anybody nearby wants to help each other out and make one trip instead of two or more, let me know and I can pick up the grain for you, or vice versa. It going to be a hike to go to Jersey. No reason a bunch of us have to do it one can instead.

Looks like there is a few from philly/pa who need help picking up. Anyone able to lug some grain?

This could be the last shot for you guys to pickup some D2 cheap! My supply is running out!
Depending on how many sell at this next pickup, it will most likely be the last time i'm offering it up.
If you make belgians or have ever wanted to give it a go, you need this!

I will also have quarts of authentic Belgian Candi D2 Syrup available at the pickup for $10/ea. That roughly 3lbs.
http://www.darkcandi.com/d2.html
"Our latest addition. This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable."

Also, I'm in Harleysville, so a bit on the fringes... but will be able to pick up for anybody reasonably close to me who can't make it. Though my car is only likely to be able to fit another 3 or 4 sacks beyond what I bought.

I don't really care where I need to go...I just have no way of making a pick up work this week. Closer the better but I just need someone to help me out this time.

jasert39 said:
I was hoping this wouldn't happen...we are going away for vacation this week (leaving tomorrow), is there anyone willing to pick up my grain and hold it until Monday the 1st? I'd be glad to pick up the cost for tolls and gas if someone in PA (Delco anyone?) was able to help me out. Thank you.

Jasert39, I'm in center city Philly. I could pick up your two bags and hold them till your back.

This could be the last shot for you guys to pickup some D2 cheap! My supply is running out!
[/B]
I'll definitely take some D2 from you! count me in for at least 2 jars. I would offer to hold some grains for those who need, but I'm all the way in the new brunswick, nj area so it's not exactly ideal for you PA folks. See ya'll on Friday:mug:

Would someone who has done a group buy before please post a "what you should know" for the newbies like myself? Stuff like
-should we be prepared to split bags there
-does everyone just grab their grain and take off?
-Is there a window or do you need to be there at 8:00PM sharp?

Thanks!

Dave

Let me know when the next grain buy starts:mug:
PM me with your email address so i can add you to the list

Would someone who has done a group buy before please post a "what you should know" for the newbies like myself? Stuff like
-should we be prepared to split bags there
-does everyone just grab their grain and take off?
-Is there a window or do you need to be there at 8:00PM sharp?

Thanks!

Dave
Dave,
If you are splitting grain (looks like one bag), you'll need to bring something to put it in. Most people use the Homer Buckets you can get from Home Depot. They are pretty cheap and have nice sealing lids.
As far as grabbing your grain, all the grain will be laid out according to brand so it will be pretty easy to find your grain. If you have any questions while you're there, anyone will be willing to offer a hand.
As far as the pick time... I pick the grain up just before the pickup. Sometimes i'm there before 8, sometimes a little after. Either way, we are usually there for about 30-45mins so being there right at 8 isn't completely important. On the other side of the coin, you don't want to keep others waiting if you are splitting grain. I'd say 8-8:15 to be safe.

If you think you might not make it on time, just give me a call so i don't load up your grain and take off to Mexico!

:mug:

lordura said:
If you think you might not make it on time, just give me a call so i don't load up your grain and take off to Mexico!

:mug:

You've been warned. He is known for taking off to Mexico with your grains. For some reason, he prefers the water there. Don't ask me...

I just wanted to say thanks for organizing this. As my first time chipping in to one of these, it was a very smooth process. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Back