South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 11!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well.. one more time
Anyone else in on this buy brewing belgian style brews (dubbels/darks) interested in quarts of the real deal D2 belgian candi syrup at right around 3 pounds in a quart?

D2 Belgian Candi Syrup - This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable.
syrup will contribute 1.032 PPG. 80 SRM Suggested usage rate is up to 1 cup per 5 gallons.

very good deal

What is the expected shelf life of the candi syrup? I am interested but not sure how fast I would use it up.
Thanks,

I would think it would be at least a year, probably much longer.
I have sent them an email to find out exactly how long the shelf life is after opening, and their storage recommendations

I received e-mail stating:
"As long as you keep their candi syrup covered (lids on) they will be fine.. If containers are left uncovered, the syrups will eventually dry out, and harden." so I take that as a really long time!

they sell 1000lb totes of this stuff for the bigger breweries

I got word from NCM that the order will ship out Thurs(13)/Friday(14) of this coming week. That will put our pickup on Wednesday/Thursday of the following week. I'll have a more definite day and time Monday morning. Get ready!

I got word from NCM that the order will ship out Thurs(13)/Friday(14) of this coming week. That will put our pickup on Wednesday/Thursday of the following week. I'll have a more definite day and time Monday morning. Get ready!

Just checking in. Are we still on for the 19th or 20th of next week?

We'll expect pickup on the 20th unless we get a threat of snow. I'll PM everyone later this evening or tomorrow morning depending when I get out of work tonight.

I'm away from a computer at the moment so I'll post the pickup info here, then PM everyone later tonight.

:mug:

The delivery date has been set for Thursday, January 20th at 7:15pm!

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
(RAIN/SNOW will be the only cause for a change)

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see me and 2 pallets of grain! Once you see me and the pallets, drive through the gate on the RIGHT SIDE of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up at 7:15pm on the 20TH, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you! NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call me directly @ 856-xxx-xxxx

Cheers!

Just a thought... If it is at all possible, please car pool or try to pick up for other members so we wont have 20 cars in the lot at pickup.

I'm in Narberth by Bala Cynwyd and have a pickup truck with room for a rider and their cargo. coming through philly on the Vine street expressway. need a ride? give me a holler

Geez.... having to send single PMs to 26 people when you have to wait 60 seconds between PMs makes me want to upgrade my account!

Anyone in the Cinnaminson, NJ area mind picking up my grains? I can probably pick them up on the 21st.

I have (2) 1/2 sacks of grain.

I would think it would be at least a year, probably much longer.
I have sent them an email to find out exactly how long the shelf life is after opening, and their storage recommendations

I received e-mail stating:
"As long as you keep their candi syrup covered (lids on) they will be fine.. If containers are left uncovered, the syrups will eventually dry out, and harden." so I take that as a really long time!

they sell 1000lb totes of this stuff for the bigger breweries

Thanks for the Info; Put me down for a quart if you still have some.

Anyone in the Cinnaminson, NJ area mind picking up my grains? I can probably pick them up on the 21st.

I have (2) 1/2 sacks of grain.

Steve - I can grab them for you if no one else is closer. I am in Williamstown, which is not really close to you but I am willing to help you if you get jammed up. Just let me know prior to next Thursday.

Geez.... having to send single PMs to 26 people when you have to wait 60 seconds between PMs makes me want to upgrade my account!

Sounds like fun. Maybe we should all pitch in a dollar on the next group buy for Jeff so he can get a membership account. Anyone else game?

Last Call
Anyone else in on this buy brewing belgian style brews (dubbels/darks) interested in quarts of the real deal D2 belgian candi syrup at right around 3 pounds in a quart?

D2 Belgian Candi Syrup - This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable.
syrup will contribute 1.032 PPG. 80 SRM Suggested usage rate is up to 1 cup per 5 gallons.

very good deal

ATTENTION!

I received an email from NCM this morning. They said because of "Out Stocks" the shipment will not go out today. I'm going to call this afternoon to find out an exact date so we might need to change the pickup. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the donations!

UPDATE
I just got off the phone with NCM. She confirmed that the order was rescheduled to go out on the 21st becaue they are out of a few brands of malt. This is the busiest time of year for them.
With that being said, we will need to reschedule our pickup for the following Wednesday(26)/Thursday(27). What day is better for everyone? I'll have to check the weather after work.

Ballsins, I'll be in DC that week for work so I'll miss the pickup again. I'll see if my dad can do the pickup for me.

Last Call

very good deal

add another quart for me

thanks

Thanks for the donations!

UPDATE
I just got off the phone with NCM. She confirmed that the order was rescheduled to go out on the 21st becaue they are out of a few brands of malt. This is the busiest time of year for them.
With that being said, we will need to reschedule our pickup for the following Wednesday(26)/Thursday(27). What day is better for everyone? I'll have to check the weather after work.

thursday is better for me

Latest posts

Back