Sources for steel tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw_racefan

Reaction score
In the planning stages of either a 1 or 2 tier rig. Going to learn to weld (always wanted to, just have an excuse now), but having a hard time finding steel tubing. Got a quote from a local steel supplier, and I can by a fully assembled stand from the Marcus on here for what they want for the tubing. Where are you guys getting your tubing from?

I just built a single tier using 1 - 1/2 inch steel tube bought locally. I paid a little over 100 bucks for 70 feet of it and only used 40.

Local place quoted me $342 for 50ft of 1 1/2 inch, 11 ga. :eek:

(and yes, that was for mild steel, not stainless)

Holy crap! My buddy is my welder and he ordered all the stock for me. 70 feet of tubing and the 16 gauge sheet for the wind screens ran me 138 bucks. And again, I had 30 feet left over.

wow. that nuts. las t time i bought steel i got 50 ft of square tube and a 4x8 sheet of expanded metal for like 180. did you go to a recycler yard? that kinda sounds similar prices to a hardware store of something.

Latest posts

Back