Source for clear 375mL wine bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daksin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys-

I've got a huge 21% melomel I'll be giving away as gifts this year or the next. It's crystal clear and has a great color, so I'd like to give it away in clear bottles if possible, but at 21%, I'd prefer to give away 375mL bottles so people at least have a chance of finishing a bottle they open. Beer bottles would work, but I think some 375mL Icewine/Bellissima bottles would be best, especially if they were clear. Problem is, they are so darned expensive, to buy and to ship. I'd need around 48 bottles, and it's a pretty uncommon size so all my local restaurant go-to's haven't had any.

Any ideas?

I got some used champagne bottles from a local winery for 30 cents each a couple weeks back. They basically just take all the empties from their tasting room and put them in a bin out back and let you pick. I assume they send them out for recycling when the bin is completely full. I'd be glad to check for you, but shipping from here to there is going to be hefty on something like that.
Check with some local wineries in your area, they might be willing to help. I don't remember how far a drive it is from San Diego, but I know there were a couple near Ontario when I lived in the area a few years back.

Well, temecula is pretty close and my buddy is a member at a few wineries there. Thats real close- I'll ask him. Great idea, thanks!

Back