Source for 3/16" Barrier Tubing... (Anyone want to split a roll)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey All,

So I have a source for 3/16" Barrier Tubing (Accuflex Brand). The problem is that I have to order 1000'. I want 300' so I was wondering if anyone wanted to buy some from me if I order the 1000' roll? I would like to sell 100' sections for about $30 to $35 shipped. Anyone interested? If I get enough interest to sell the remaining 700' I will collect the money and then order the spool... it would take a couple of weeks to get to me and for me to cut it up and reship it. Let me know.

-Eric

Is this stuff good for beer hose in a keezer?

Should be (I don't see why it wouldn't as I'm using it in a kegerator). The idea of barrier tubing is that it has a fully flush-able interior surface so it doesn't absorb smells. Usually it comes in 1/4" and up so it isn't as useful for us homebrew guys. I finally found it in 3/16" so it will have enough resistance. If you want to know about it lookup the thread on tubing... (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beer-line-tests-solution-plastic-taste-60380/)

-Eric

What is the O/D and a shipping quote to
N0K 1N0

Thanks, need the quote for 200 and 300 please.

Hey,

ID is .190" and OD is .313". Max at 70F is 150 PSI.

I would say total for 300' shipped anywhere in continental US would be $105 and 200' would be $70. My original post listed the approximate price between $30 and $35 per 100' shipped (e.g. that price includes including the shipping).

Missed Canada... see below.

I'll take 100'
let me know when its going to happen

Will do. Depending on how much Danaldor takes we are almost there.

Danaldor: Sorry, didn't notice Canada... It would be $130 shipped to Canada for 300' and $95 for 200' (All in US $). The shipping is the problem and the difference in shipping between 200' and 300' is basically nothing...

I've been looking for that stuff at a reasonable price without much luck. I'd be in for 100'. PM me if it happens.

Do you have a link to this stuff? How flexible is it?

I mainly ask because I'm interested from the reading I've been doing while building my kegerator, but I have some hard bends to one of the shanks and one of the kegs and need something that is pretty pliable.

Do you have a link to this stuff? How flexible is it?

I mainly ask because I'm interested from the reading I've been doing while building my kegerator, but I have some hard bends to one of the shanks and one of the kegs and need something that is pretty pliable.

I don't have a link, but the minimum bend radius for the 3/16" stuff is 1". I have never personally used the stuff, but was really interested in trying the barrier tubing.

Alright. So it seems like I have interest for at least 500 to 600 feet of the 700 I want to sell. I am going to go ahead and order it. If you are interested and I didn't already send you a PM then PM me for info.

I hate to back out, but the bend radius is going to be a deal breaker for me. I currently use
Beverage Clear Tygon PVC Tubing which rolls into a nice flexible coil around the top of my kegs, don't think this stuff is going to work as well, and with the smoother interior I will need to use an even longer line length.

I'm sorry to tell you all, but barrier tubing is for long-draw draft applications,
not short distances, like in a kegerator. There's not enough resistance in a
5 or 6 Foot run to use this. Sorry!! Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Guess I'm in the same boat as samc. If I can't coil it up in my kegger than it isn't going to do me any good. I'll have to back out...if I was ever in, lol. Your mailbox is full.

Hey,

I'm sorry to tell you all, but barrier tubing is for long-draw draft applications,
not short distances, like in a kegerator. There's not enough resistance in a
5 or 6 Foot run to use this. Sorry!! Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

There is less resistance than a 3/16" PVC, but not that much less. It is still 3/16" tubing and with a slightly longer run should work fine. That combined with the flushable interior made it worth a try to me. Especially since if bought in bulk it be had pretty cheap.

Guess I'm in the same boat as samc. If I can't coil it up in my kegger than it isn't going to do me any good. I'll have to back out...if I was ever in, lol. Your mailbox is full.

You should be able to coil it up. The bend radius is 1". Most other stuff is around 1". The only stuff lower is Tygon PVC which is also pricy, but does get down to a 1/2" bend radius. But most PVC is about 1" bend radius.

I hate to back out, but the bend radius is going to be a deal breaker for me. I currently use
Beverage Clear Tygon PVC Tubing which rolls into a nice flexible coil around the top of my kegs, don't think this stuff is going to work as well, and with the smoother interior I will need to use an even longer line length.

See above.

There is less resistance than a 3/16" PVC, but not that much less. It is still 3/16" tubing and with a slightly longer run should work fine.

+1
It does offer less resistance than PVC, but running 13-15' per line instead of 10' is well worth the benefits for me. I'm very sensitive to the plastic taste the PVC imparts, so I'd probably still use barrier line even if I had to run 25' per line.

+1
It does offer less resistance than PVC, but running 13-15' per line instead of 10' is well worth the benefits for me. I'm very sensitive to the plastic taste the PVC imparts, so I'd probably still use barrier line even if I had to run 25' per line.

FYI ordered it today. I PMed Paypal instructions out this afternoon to those that expressed interest. It should be here in a few days.

And I am also VERY sensitive to the "plastic flavor." Especially since I want to do seltzer and such the plastic flavor is easy to detect.

My solution to plastic flavor was to abandon PVC hose and it's plasticizers (that which maketh the flavour) in favor of HDPE tubing (IE ice maker line). If you really want to get crazy you can buy PTFE (teflon) tubing from mcmaster-carr for a reasonable price.

My solution to plastic flavor was to abandon PVC hose and it's plasticizers (that which maketh the flavour) in favor of HDPE tubing (IE ice maker line). If you really want to get crazy you can buy PTFE (teflon) tubing from mcmaster-carr for a reasonable price.

The downside to HDPE and teflon is the large bend radius. I couldn't run HDPE tubing in my pass-through tower without it kinking severely. The barrier tubing has a slightly larger bend radius than PVC, but still quite a bit smaller than HDPE.

The downside to HDPE and teflon is the large bend radius. I couldn't run HDPE tubing in my pass-through tower without it kinking severely. The barrier tubing has a slightly larger bend radius than PVC, but still quite a bit smaller than HDPE.

Only gotten money from 2 people so far. Hose should be here by next week and I'd like to start shipping it out. If you said you were going to get some and I PMed you instructions please send the money... I really don't want to wind up with 800'.

I guess I'm confused on to what the stuff actually is. When you get some in could you post some pictures of it, including how flexible it is?

I don't want to commit unless I can gauge how well it will work with my setup.

I was thinking this was almost a hard plastic tubing that was extremely inflexible. But maybe I'm wrong?

I guess I'm confused on to what the stuff actually is. When you get some in could you post some pictures of it, including how flexible it is?

I don't want to commit unless I can gauge how well it will work with my setup.

I was thinking this was almost a hard plastic tubing that was extremely inflexible. But maybe I'm wrong?

Hey,

Not hard plastic at all. See www.accuflex.com/images/Acrobat/Ultra2.pdf It is just like normal tubing except it has a PET barrier layer on the inside so it won't impart or absorb any smells or tastes. The bend radius is on par with just about anything else.

-Eric

P.S. Lookup Bev-Seal Ultra 235

Got the hose today. I have it split into 5 x 100 foot sections for the guys that have sent me money. I will hopefully have the hose out this weekend to you all. It isn't "as" flexible as vinyl (it will bend pretty tight though... as it has a 1" bend radius), but my god... it has ABSOLUTELY NO FLAVOR... its impressive stuff....

Just checking to see that you got my paypal and shipping address.

Thanks again,
Wes

Yep. I have Lagavulin, cyberwolf, Hammy71, Juanmoore, and Milesvdustin. I am waiting for mailing addresses for Juanmoore & Hammy71.

-Eric

Got all the money and all info from everyone except Hammy71 & Henrythe9th. I cut it up into 100' sections and am going to hopefully box them up and get them out this weekend.

-Eric

would this stuff just slip over my ss beer line I have in my towers. I am not sure what size my ss lines are, but they are pretty darn small.

-=Jason=-

if one of them doesn't respond, i'll take 100 feet, just let me know.

I think it is all spoken for. But I may have 100' more...

would this stuff just slip over my ss beer line I have in my towers. I am not sure what size my ss lines are, but they are pretty darn small.

-=Jason=-

No idea. The tubing is 3/16", but I am not sure what your SS is.

As for the rest. So far I have 5 out of the 7 packages at the UPS store. I got the last two addresses and have them printed and ready to be dropped off. Most of you will get it either this week or early next week depending on distance from Rochester, NY.

Got all the money and all info from everyone except Hammy71 & Henrythe9th. I cut it up into 100' sections and am going to hopefully box them up and get them out this weekend.

-Eric
I sent my address back to ya. I think it was on one of the pms too.

If you still need it let me know.

Latest posts

Back