Sour Swap #3: Funkadelic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ****, you guys are needy! I am waiting to get a few more details, from some people. But, I'll have addresses out today.

I've sent a few out already, but will need to wait to get 2 addresses to continue. We're like 85% Midwest/East coast which is making this one a little tricky.

Pumped to see where my drop zone is... They don't get a lot of my distro so I'm able to pull some already cellared goodies for them! And I have some soured saison homebrew that just finished up in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got my address, hopefully my sour selection is up to par with his taste since im new to the sour game! :confused:

[QU OTE=two_hearted;6221280]Oh ****, you guys are needy! I am waiting to get a few more details, from some people. But, I'll have addresses out today.

I've sent a few out already, but will need to wait to get 2 addresses to continue. We're like 85% Midwest/East coast which is making this one a little tricky.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

Lots of overlap. For me, but I know that for instance the stuff by Shelton bros is all limited even if it doesn't say so. Plus also, the CCB stuff is probably just their regular canned stuff and nothing beyond.

widely distributed beers by the Bruery and goose island these days make those easy to find, but not always.

Will stop by my "bottle shop" on the way home tonight and will pick up whatever else I can find to pack my box tonight. I might be able to stop at another shop tomorrow for more variety if I can manage.

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Addresses should all be sent now. Let me know if anyone didn't get one.

Remember to ship by the 21st! Also, these don't have to be local only. There will likely be some cross over, but I know that I would never turn down a sour beer from anywhere!

Trust me, I wouldn't have signed up if it HAD to be local. Kind of tough when you live in a state that makes not one sour beer. My recipient will be getting beer that he can't get in his area.

Surprised myself in finding a few sours today that my recipient cannot get in their state. Picked up a "Halia" that I've not had before as a reward for myself.

Packing tonight. Shipping tomorrow.

TD

Edit- got my packing list all finalized as well! Looks like 9 bottles of various sizes.

I hate to be an ass. I am going on vacation the first week of August. If you can ship early, awesome. If not, it's all good, just hold off to ship until after the 9th of August. Thanks homie. I'll be shipping mine off next week probably. Shopped today. Good shtuff found.

I hate to be an ass. I am going on vacation the first week of August. If you can ship early, awesome. If not, it's all good, just hold off to ship until after the 9th of August. Thanks homie. I'll be shipping mine off next week probably. Shopped today. Good shtuff found.

I'll let your guy know.

I am glad I checked Seek-a-brew, as my target gets Prairie, so none of that in the box. However they don't get another brewery putting out some funky beers, so that is being added. I have a six shipper sitting on my dining room table, might just go ahead and fill it tonight and drop it off tomorrow...

I am glad I checked Seek-a-brew, as my target gets Prairie, so none of that in the box. However they don't get another brewery putting out some funky beers, so that is being added. I have a six shipper sitting on my dining room table, might just go ahead and fill it tonight and drop it off tomorrow...

I wish i had better selection of sours here that werent already cold. Every place i went to but one had only cold bottles for sale, i was pretty bummed.

Been busy.. holiday weekend and all.. I should be shipping out next weekend ish. Happy my recipient only gets like 2 distribution s I do :)

I wish i had better selection of sours here that werent already cold. Every place i went to but one had only cold bottles for sale, i was pretty bummed.

Don't worry if it is cold, you can still let it warm back up and ship it no problem. You don't to warm it then chill ad naseum, but you shouldn't have any problem shipping a bottle that was already refrigerated.

Don't worry if it is cold, you can still let it warm back up and ship it no problem. You don't to warm it then chill ad naseum, but you shouldn't have any problem shipping a bottle that was already refrigerated.

Ah **** really!? i was scared to ruining the beer by doing that especially with all you connoisseurs around here!

I already shipped too :cross: im sorry to whomever receives my package, might have to do an under the table swap so you get more of a selection from socal! :(

For anyone in the south or west possibly sending to IL, there is only 1 bottle shop in Chicago that gets a very limited amount of JK. And Shelton Brothers is no longer distributing here, so no more Prairie coming here either, even though it's still listed on Seekabrew. Not sure how many IL recipients in this one, but I know the last one had quite a few so figured I'd let "y'all" know ;)

Accidentally posted this in the trade pictures thread earlier, but it was meant for here:

After checking the menu at the local growler bar it seems a sour beer is on the list, which is a rarity. If it lasts until tomorrow my target will be getting a 32 ounce growler of it. So much for packing up tonight haha.

I have about 150oz packed up. Wanted to try to get one more thing, but I don't think that's going to happen. Drove all over and can't find it. Not sure if I am sending out today or not, but it's all packed, just not sealed ;)

Woke up to a box outside my door this morning, UPS tends to deliver packages after 8PM for some reason and im in the basement for most of the night

Ill take pics when I get home

Well my box is on its way. I may have slightly messed up as it said deliver after 7/12 and it looks like it will be on delivered on 7/12. If my target needs it delayed we can try and have it held at the local fedex store for them.

This might be a dumb question but, how do i figure out who to thank once i receive the funkbomb on my porch? This is my first time doing a swap so now sure how that works. :eek:

This might be a dumb question but, how do i figure out who to thank once i receive the funkbomb on my porch? This is my first time doing a swap so now sure how that works. :eek:

You might be able to figure it out by the return name and address, but just post a picture of your haul and the sender will step forward and say they sent it.

I usually find it pretty easy with using their location set on their HBT profiles. This should be an easier one since there aren't a ton of people in it. If you're really unsure, when you post your haul pic, just say thanks and probably 99% of the time, your sender will reveal him/herself.

Thx TrickyDick!!

I do get CC but not the limiteds! Also have had la folie, gose and sourdough but they were all solid and looking forward to them again. Have had my eyes on saint somewhere but never pushed for them. Thx for bringing them my way! Recommend aging the SS or drink fresh. I see they just dose with wild yeast at bottling.

SS Lectio Divina
SS Saison Athene
CC humidor American sour
CC Cumcumber Saison (huge want!)
NB Transatlantique Kriek
NB La Folie
NB Snapshot
Westbrook Gose
Almanac Wild Sourdough

Awesome haul!
Thx again dude!

Thx TrickyDick!!

I do get CC but not the limiteds! Also have had la folie, gose and sourdough but they were all solid and looking forward to them again. Have had my eyes on saint somewhere but never pushed for them. Thx for bringing them my way! Recommend aging the SS or drink fresh. I see they just dose with wild yeast at bottling.

SS Lectio Divina
SS Saison Athene
CC humidor American sour
CC Cumcumber Saison (huge want!)
NB Transatlantique Kriek
NB La Folie
NB Snapshot
Westbrook Gose
Almanac Wild Sourdough

Awesome haul!
Thx again dude!

Pics would help...lol

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405028875.140662.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405028883.794730.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405028893.441262.jpg

I just had La folie on tap last night! Such an awesome sour i never heard of until it was on tap!

For anyone in the south or west possibly sending to IL, there is only 1 bottle shop in Chicago that gets a very limited amount of JK. And Shelton Brothers is no longer distributing here, so no more Prairie coming here either, even though it's still listed on Seekabrew. Not sure how many IL recipients in this one, but I know the last one had quite a few so figured I'd let "y'all" know ;)

There is an area on seekabrew that let's you contact the guy about changes. They got to mine within a couple weeks of me sending the change.

Yea I know and I've done that before too. In this case I was just letting anyone know just because jk would still be on there because it does come to the state (even though it's just one store) and prairie could start coming back next week, Shelton just needs to find a distributor, which I can't understand why it's that hard...

Who ever is shipping to me I'll be out of town the 25th-3rd. If you think shipping will cause it to land then I can give you the address I'll be at for that week of vacation.

You east coast guys sure take a lot of vacations...i need to move! :rockin:

Back