Sour brown 6 months in bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomismydad

Reaction score
I've messed around with WLP670 on some saisons a bit but that the extent of my souring experience. This month I'm planning to ramp up a sour pipeline. First I intend to make my first sour brown using roeselare only. My intention is to make a sour brown, leave in a bucket for 6 months, rack to secondary and then brew a sour red to pitch on that cake. Leave the sour red in the bucket for the full year and then bottle both beers at the same time. So 6 months in the bucket, a year in secondary (sour brown) and a year in a bucket (sour red). Does this seem like a decent plan? I'm using this plan due to wanting to experiment with aging long term in a bucket (based on research a red is a good one to try with) and lack of sour only equipment. Any alternate suggestions?

I may suggest you reverse their order, red first then brown but otherwise sounds like a plan. :)

Back