Sorachi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genes

Reaction score
I found a 2 year old thread about these hops. It was 6+ pages long and I didn't feel like reading through the whole thread.

So, that said.....what is your advice on usage?

I used them as finishing hops in a hefeweizen and it worked really well. The obvious flavor/aroma contribution is lemony, so it went great in the hefe, and tasted awesome with a lemon slice also - a great summer beer.

And none of those are anywhere close to my typical preferences, but they all work well together.

I used 2 ounces of these in a ipa atr 60 min for bitering with citra as flavor aroma it made an awsome beer

Not great. The lemon references sounded great so I went for it and tossed in 2 oz for flavor and aroma in a simple IPA. It turned out to be a weird beer... Very very strong flavors that I wouldn't recommend and I don't like to share with friends. There are many other hops out there that create great beers. That said, try it out and let's see what you think. When I tried sorachi out, there were very few reviews - the more the better!

Back