Sometimes my own "Beer Snobbery" is frustrating to me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why your actions would qualify you as a "snob". You ordered something, got something else, and brought it to their attention. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak sandwich but they brought you a chicken caesar wrap, wouldn't you say something?

Agreed. My snobbery was much closer to rude!;)

I recently went to one of my favorite watering holes with 60 beers on tap in seattle and ordered an ipa I hadn't had before. Got my beer and was clearly stella. Meh. I told the waitress and got my selection and we kill drilled the stella. Win!

I was at a local watering hole, my buddy ordered a Rogue Chocolate Stout, and I ordered a Rogue Shakespeare Stout, two distinctly different beers. They had switched the taps.

not a huge problem, but there was definitely some confusion.

Last night at a resturant I ordered a sam adams. They brought me the new alpine spring thing...i never bothered looking at the glass to see and they never mentioned they only carry the seasonals only. I almost choked since I wanst expecting out.

Funny. This exact thing happened to me last weekend. C'mon guys, if you tell me you have "Sam Adams," that means you have the Boston Lager.

It was all right as SA "varietals" go, but as a rule that's one of my least favorite styles.

Latest posts

Back