Somebody call Coastal Living and put me on the cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owmatooth

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got through most of my keezer build this last weekend. I decided to put the tower over some storage on the end of the sears 8.8 cubic ft, that way the lid is accessible.

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

Finally got the internals installed. I wanted a dual regulator external tank. One regulator is set at 12 psi (10 ft beer lines) and feeds the four kegs being served. The other regulator is set to 30 psi for force carbonation and then will adjust to 12 psi for storage. I added a 3 ft extension to the regulator so I could move the CO2 tank in and out without having to deal with the awkward double gauge that would have made it top heavy. Working great so far.

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

Don't forget to check fittings before installation for leaks. My only leak was the connector between the two regulators. Only took a little disassembly and new plumbers tape and I was back in action. :mug:

I still need to figure out insulation in tower. I'm getting a fair amount of condensation- bought an evadry, but this is more like towels and buckets type of condensation in bottom of freezer. Always a work in progress. Next on to fermentation chambers...

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions. There's always improvements to be done.

$250 for Sears Freezer (new)
$150 for Lumber and stainless screws
$500 for Regulator, Faucets, temp control and beer line parts
Kegs I already owned. Bout $900. Two weekends. Not bad.

Looks great man, I love seeing all the different ideas all of us crazy people come up with

Back