Solved PERLICK 500 series leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptMogul

Reaction score
I am pissed, lost quart of beer last night. Only 1 month since new o rings. My coffee can drip catcher overflowed and had to mop the mess up. I always check for drips before shutting down for supper. My fix is removing both Perlicks and am now using the more reliable Picnic faucet. I would like a reliable alternative to the Perlick, any suggestions? No more Perlicks please as I have already made my donation.
Ed B

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been using Perlicks for over 10 years with no issues.

Hi all, purchased these Perlicks in 2011. No tap handles but what came with them. I have a bag of 23 # 204 silicone rings one member said worked for him I cant use, I found them too soft 50 drm V 70 for Buna. They worked fine several years then I had to replace o rings several times a year. I can imagine anything wearing out. Also used several other o ring suppliers.

Hi all, purchased these Perlicks in 2011. No tap handles but what came with them. I have a bag of 23 # 204 silicone rings one member said worked for him I cant use, I found them too soft 50 drm V 70 for Buna. They worked fine several years then I had to replace o rings several times a year. I can imagine anything wearing out. Also used several other o ring suppliers.

I would use the correct $0.30 o-ring if you hare having problems with leaking using the o-rings that you sourced. Full parts list.

Faucet O-Rings: Compatibility Is Key
It goes without saying that Perlick 500 Series beer faucets need specific faucet O-rings specially designed for this manufacturer, to avoid any incompatibility that might potentially compromise the operation of your beer-dispensing system. This faucet O-ring is just the part that you need for Perlick beer taps.

This Faucet O-Ring: Save Money on Perlick Faucet Replacements
This faucet O-ring can be used in the shaft of most Perlick beer faucets. So why is it important to get faucet O-rings that are specifically designed for your Perlick beer taps? As already mentioned, you wouldn't want to waste money on a faucet O-ring that might not be fully compatible with your beer tap. But perhaps more importantly, by purchasing faucet O-rings, you can save money compared to buying a whole replacement faucet.

Jddevinn
When I posted this morning, I was using the part# from the maintenance booklet that came with the faucets. And I also said I have used OEM rings also. Sorry I wasnt clear on that.
Spartan
I do replace them occasionally not had many leaks there.

Hi all, I reached out to Perlick on my problems with my 500 series faucets. I just received rebuild kits with a re engineered stem-shaft, Bonnet and lever swivel and sets of o rings. I believe the new kit address the lever ball & forward o ring alignment. I will update as needed. Hats off to Perlick in addressing this problem.
Ed B

Back