Soda regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plepper

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I can use soda regulators for my secondary regulators? I have a Taprite primary regulator and would couple them together with the appropriate nipple. I know I'd have to add check valves, but i'm seeing them on EBay for very good prices. I'm building a 4 tap kegerator and would like to be able to force carb plus serve beer, cider and Skeeter Pee.

Someone may be able to correct me here; but I think you can - the only issue is (and this may be where I'm wrong) that Soda regs are higher pressure, and typically difficult to get down to the lower pressures we often use. I'm thinking you can swap out the diaphrams in most, and that'll give you a better range.

Again - this is just what I seem to remember....and who knows with my brain.

Someone may be able to correct me here; but I think you can - the only issue is (and this may be where I'm wrong) that Soda regs are higher pressure, and typically difficult to get down to the lower pressures we often use. I'm thinking you can swap out the diaphrams in most, and that'll give you a better range.

Again - this is just what I seem to remember....and who knows with my brain.

Huh.
Well if that is true it does make sense why i have a bear of a time getting the pressure correct and keeping it from creeping up or down over time with the quad corny brand regulator i got off ebay cheap.

It takes a few days of adjustment up or down to get the right pressure because it creeps at lower pressure then all of a sudden at half a turn it jumps 10 lbs. lol

I replaced the gauges just in case but that wasn't it.

when i'm force carbonating at 20 to 30lb's i get zero issues.
I was thinking maybe the diaphragms had syrup in them but it came with check valves so it seemed unlikely.

I guess what I'm wondering is can I get a rebuild kit for a beer regulator and rebuild the soda regulators into beer regulators. Might be a question for Taprite I guess. I've seen the soda regulators on Ebay cheap enough that rebuilding would make sense if it would work correctly, and I'd gain the knowledge of knowing my system better.

I'm interested in doing the same thing. Did you ever pull the trigger on the eBay soda regulators?

Yes I did they are working fine. I called Taprite and verified that it would work and it did. I changed the gauges to 60# ones and added shut offs with check valves. The hardest thing was ordering the correct nipples to connect them together left hand thread on the hi pressure side.

I accidentally got a Taprite dual regulator model c77006. Any chance you can share part numbers that you used to swap it into a beer regulator?

Back