Soda Machine Carbonator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluBruShack

Reaction score
Hey Folks i'm new to the forum as well as to brewing and I wantd to know if any of you have tried to use one of the carbonators that they use to carb up water for soda machines. Ive looked into blending high volume beer with water but I was wondering if I could blend high volume beer with cabonated water and save time effort and money? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks

LOL...this idea would take MORE time, MORE money, MORE effort, and make subpar beer.

There aren't really many shortcuts in homebrew. Patience is ingredient #1, and the basic method to brew, age, and carb is unchanged in the last 7000 years.

Don't be discouraged, though. I asked some pretty silly questions when I first started. Read up on the boards for a few weeks, brew a few extract batches, and you'll look back on your first few posts and laugh.

Good luck!

Alright well thanks for the replys folks. I just came across one for free and was trying to see if i could put it to any use. Sounds like not for my brewing

If it's free, take it and use it for soda!! Make some homemade root beer, birch beer, cola, etc.!!!

I've also heard of using these types of carbonated water infusion dillies for liquor, i.e., infusing carbonated water in whiskey, scotch, boubon, etc.

If it's free, take it and use it for soda!! Make some homemade root beer, birch beer, cola, etc.!!!

I've also heard of using these types of carbonated water infusion dillies for liquor, i.e., infusing carbonated water in whiskey, scotch, boubon, etc.

+1 for that. Don't put anything other than water through it. But they are great for seltzer and soda if you get a bar gun, etc.

Alright well thanks for the replys folks. I just came across one for free and was trying to see if i could put it to any use. Sounds like not for my brewing

In our opinions (I think we're all together on this one) it would be like cooking a gourmet meal (taking hours to do so) and then running it through the blender before plating it.

As already mentioned, use the machine for soda, or soda water... Start coming up with your own soda recipes and try them out.

Just keep your home brew away from it...

I'm going to take the side of opposition, possibly just because I am a noob, but I have seen those machines and considered it myself. Its one of the ones that will have syrup for soda and then you just put water through the machine right?

I don't think they use co2, but i'm not sure. If it really is co2 being injected, then it seems to me that it would just be like an ultra fast burst carb from a keg more or less. I doubt the machines are meant to hold anything but water, but if you rinse it out after I don't think it would be a problem. And plus it was free.

My vote goes for giving it a try. I wouldn't use it to add water to your current beer and dilute it. I agree that sounds like a bad idea, but if you can just run beer through it straight it might be good for hydrometer samples or bottling day when you just want a glass.

Back