So what do you do with...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicided1954

Reaction score
A beer you just don't like?

I have what you call my house beer I guess...(the one I have made the most)...it is a bock recipe. I make it two ways, as a lager and as an ale. I recently got an all grain recipe from a different HBS of the same name. Well it may have the same name but it is not the same beer. I brewed it as an ale with the same yeast I had done the ale batch before...I can't say there is anything wrong with the beer it just isnt what I wanted. The taste is not there. Does that make sense? I recently got the all grain recipe of the one I like and it uses 3lb of flaked corn. Is there anything that can be done for the flavorless one? throw a bunch of hops in the keg? I don't want to dump it but, I don't want to drink it either...:confused:

You could dry hop it, but that's not going to totally revamp the flavor profile. If it's that bad, try giving it out to some BMC drinking friends. If anything, it might even get them to open up to new things.

Or cook with it. Beer brats FTW. :mug:

+1 on the beer brats. I wouldn't even give it to my friends. If I don't want to drink it, I'm not going to shove it down someone else's throat.

Back