So I met this girl...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifidelity

Reaction score
...on match.com (judge me, I don't care). Her profile was very well written and her pictures were attractive. I emailed her thinking that she's out of my league after some liquid courage and I didn't expect a response. She responded almost immediately, we exchanged numbers, and went out last night.

Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
She's freakin' hot
She's got a good job (she's an engineer who is quality control manager at an automotive manufacturing company)...
...which means she's also educated.
She's well traveled
She's fluent in a couple languages other than English
She likes craft beer- particularly IPAs
And the pièce de résistance-
She was a collegiate gymnast until she injured her knee and lost her scholarship.
Plus she was very obvious and vocal about being into me...

Cons:
She's bats*** crazy.

Seriously...we went out for drinks at a couple bars around town after dinner, and at BOTH places I was told by people we interacted with when she went to the restroom something to the effect of, "Holy cow, bro...she's freakin' nuts." Very animated, talked with her hands, is prescribed Adderall for ADD...

Oh well...win some and lose some.

Lotta crazy bitches out there. Only one thing you can do with e'm, good news is there lots of ways to do that one thing.

Anyway ya glad to hear it ended well.

Just ask r how she like her eggs cooked in the morning and see how it goes. We are all a little crazy and some times even more so

Well a crazy girl probably means you will never be bored, and most people are somewhat crazy, so give it a go and see what happens. Some of my greatest girlfriends were batsh## crazy and hit as can be, I married one who was just crazy enough for me.

Wait - there's crazy like boil your pet bunny crazy, and then there's just being animated and/or a little quirky.

Go on another couple or more dates. Don't write her off because she's animated with her hands or some s*%t.

Keep the pet bunny out of sight just to be safe, though.

Wait - there's crazy like boil your pet bunny crazy, and then there's just being animated and/or a little quirky.

Go on another couple or more dates. Don't write her off because she's animated with her hands or some s*%t.

Keep the pet bunny out of sight just to be safe, though.

Exactly! I'm sure she was nervous, and could have been releasing that nervousness through animated gesturing. Don't give up too quick! Give her more time to get to know you, then decide.

Trust me. I haven't been in the dating game since 1968 :D .

As per the crazy/ hot scale referenced earlier, you need to collect a series of data points before making a conclusion. One date is not enough time to be accurate.

Take the advice from the people that came up to you. If strangers are doing that then you better listen.When they say she is bat chit crazy then you should run....

I guess the question I have is whether the people who told you she's crazy know her in any other context or that was the first time they'd met her.

If they know here in other contexts, I'd be a little careful. If only from what happened at the bars, then not so much--though I must ask this: how did that question come up and why were they blessing you with their opinion?

That said, the only opinion that really matters is yours, and I don't think you have anything like enough data points to decide. There is a ton of reasons why you should pursue this relationship and see where it goes....and not that much that says you should not.

All that said--did YOU have a good time? Do you want to see her again? Your answers to those questions is all that really matters.

I recommend asking some of these people that say she is bat Sh*t crazy what she has done that makes them say that. Then judge after hearing a few stories. If her crazy doesn't mix with yours then walk away. Everybody is a bit crazy. You just gotta find crazy that works with your own.

Back in high school I went out with a girl and mid-way through she was acting a lot of the crazy you mentioned in your story. I was convinced I was never going to call her again. After figuring I'm not going to judge somebody on one interaction I gave her (us) another chance. She was still an odd-ball, but a lot more mellow on our next encounter. Long story short, we got married six months later. That was 18 years ago.

I'm not saying you should marry her. I'm just saying she could get a little 'padded room' when she's giddy or excited. If I called it quits when I thought I should I would've completely dismissed my best friend in the world.

... Or dump her now because she's f***ing crackers!

Nothing cool ever happens to the guy that says 'no'.... but then again the guy that says 'no' doesn't have an arrest record.

We're going out again tomorrow...her idea...we'll see what the second encounter has in store.

Y'all are gonna have to trust me on this. I'm hesitant to send pics because I'm callin' her crazy. She does seem to be a sweet girl...in her own peculiar way.

Now that you have privately made me aware of your location... Your list of cons is VERY short and heavily outweighed by some of the pros. I would advise to give it another go round which it seems you have wisely chosen on your own. Good luck man and run like hell if the need arises.

It can be amazing, mind bending fun. Until she tears down your life, puts nails in your tires, steals your mail, and accuses you of crimes.
Wonder how I know?

• Leaves notes on your car window whenever you come back to your car, no matter where you are....
  • Writes your name over and over and over in a notebook you find in her apartment. I mean like the entire notebook.
  • Still leaves notes on your car window when you attempt to hide your car 2 blocks from where you work....
  • Still calls you 2 years after you broke up...
  • Tracks down your parents, whom she's never met, by getting a list of everyone with your last name in the town you grew up in (400 miles away from where you now live). Proceeds to call each person on the list and ask if they know you. Finally gets hold of your mother and asks for your new phone number and address......
  • Causes you to literally drop to the ground and crawl away when you happen to see her in public.....
Like I said, have fun. :D

Crazy girl sex is pretty good though. :D

• Leaves notes on your car window whenever you come back to your car, no matter where you are....
  • Writes your name over and over and over in a notebook you find in her apartment. I mean like the entire notebook.
  • Still leaves notes on your car window when you attempt to hide your car 2 blocks from where you work....
  • Still calls you 2 years after you broke up...
  • Tracks down your parents, whom she's never met, by getting a list of everyone with your last name in the town you grew up in (400 miles away from where you now live). Proceeds to call each person on the list and ask if they know you. Finally gets hold of your mother and asks for your new phone number and address......
  • Causes you to literally drop to the ground and crawl away when you happen to see her in public.....

Like I said, have fun. :D

I have been chosen to see the pictures. She is hot enough that the above may apply. Use caution my friend.

I know. I was bragging. I wish I had permission to show off your hot date...

Haha...sorry I've had a couple beers and didn't get the sarcasm. Permission denied (but I trust you already understood that) ;) But thanks for vouching for her hotness. I mean...throwing a toy poodle into the ocean while smiling like that...how can you resist that amount of crazyhot?

Latest posts

Back