So I dropped the ball....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saints1313

Reaction score
Been so busy with work, never brewed anything for the holidays, so my question is....
Anybody know of a brew I can do that will be ready near Xmas? I figure 4 weeks ferment and a force carb but don't have all my gear with me. I hear rumors of using those little plastic CO2 kegs from Walmart or whatever and replacing the cartridges after pouring out the crap beer(coors light, miller, etc) any tips would be greatly appreciated.....

You could do a hefe. One week to ten days of fermentation, bottle and condition for one to two weeks and it will be ready.

Just make a regular wheat beer, and toss a bit of orange peel and cloves in there at some point. Boom, instant Christmas Wheat.

+1 to suggestions above.

You could probably get away with pale ale or low-ABV IPA too where you shorten conditioning for fresh hoppiness. But a Christmas Wheat/Hefe sounds really tasty to me.

English brown ale (mild or something) would be my choice. You could even have it bottled and ready in 4 weeks or less. Seems like it would fit the season more to me that a hefeweizen. You could also spice it if you think that is necessary.

Back