So I did a thing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
Who remembers EdWort's Apfelwein?

I remember way back when it was all the rage and I remember my version didn't turn out.
Well, I got a wild hair and decided to try again. This time I found that Kroger sells 100% HoneyCrisp applejuice from concentrate, unfiltered... Sure enough the ingredients are just apple juice. Instead of Ed's dextrose route I used 2lb's of local honey and a gallon of Black Cherry Juice (2 quarts Knudsen and 2 quarts simple truth). I somehow hit an SG of 1.070, oops.

I remember the first time I couldn't get the correct yeast and got roped into trying another strain and the whole batch went nasty... So I used Lavlin 71b-1122...

Just reminds me of all the recipes from years back that were huge hits.

Yup! I guess in my case some never leave - seems like I always have Apfelwein, or Pappy's pub cider "in process" Most often both. Good things never REALLY go out of fashion! YA know - I book marked that top 100 list when if first came out a few years back, and i still refer to it all the time. A lot of years of good stuff in there.

Yup! I guess in my case some never leave - seems like I always have Apfelwein, or Pappy's pub cider "in process" Most often both. Good things never REALLY go out of fashion! YA know - I book marked that top 100 list when if first came out a few years back, and i still refer to it all the time. A lot of years of good stuff in there.
I just got back in to home brewing and it seems like there was always a post of someone that made it and now not so much, I guess I assumed, lol.

I believe when I finally get a kegging system I'm going to do BM's centennial blonde.

Good plan! That's another brew from this forum I have not been out of for about ten years or so! I do agree some things seem to wane from time to time - But I got a hunch a lot of the really good ones are always in play we just don't hear it so much.

Good plan! That's another brew from this forum I have not been out of for about ten years or so! I do agree some things seem to wane from time to time - But I got a hunch a lot of the really good ones are always in play we just don't hear it so much.

I think Ed's Haus Pale would be a tasty one as well... Maybe Cheese's Caramel Vanilla Cream Ale for the ladies... Somehow my beers tend 7-9% ABV so I need to get some smaller beers made for those that aren't as... ahem... heavy as I.

Back