so am I an Ahole?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say get out let her find someone that wants to be with her.
I've been married 9 years we lived together for 15 before that I don't think marriage is work we do everything together. I don't feel right when she's not by my side. I have the right woman for me if you dont feel that way move on.

Pat

Thanks meaty. I had about 8 homebrews when i posted the ****ty one. Dont get me wrong, i meant every word, i just usually have better control and articulation and dont come off quite so condesending(Thats why we have yooper though, keeps us ******** in check, i love her.)

And no, not a marine, 6years army(12B... Drive on sapper!!!!) And retired as a Navy master at arms. Can you imagine what the army navy game is like in my house? Very confusing.

Thanks meaty. I had about 8 homebrews when i posted the ****ty one. Dont get me wrong, i meant every word, i just usually have better control and articulation and dont come off quite so condesending(Thats why we have yooper though, keeps us ******** in check, i love her.)

And no, not a marine, 6years army(12B... Drive on sapper!!!!) And retired as a Navy master at arms. Can you imagine what the army navy game is like in my house? Very confusing.

I love you, too, Hillbilly. I was also US Army, (96B, 3rd Armored Division, Germany.) way back during the height of the cold war.

My son had the Marine recruiters over yesterday. My son- the child I nursed at my breast!- wants to be a Jarhead! I'm shocked. I thought I raised him better than that. ;)

I served 3 tours with the 24th Marine expeditionary unit(Special operations capable) all over the world. I was there twice with intel and once as the LOAC advisor. No finer outfit in the world than the US Marine Corps. I still like to poke fun at them though.......

My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment..... MARINE

My son had the Marine recruiters over yesterday. My son- the child I nursed at my breast!- wants to be a Jarhead! I'm shocked. I thought I raised him better than that. ;)

Jeez, Yooper. I'm right here. I heard every word you said.:mad:;)

I was in the airwing though. The only thing on my head was a cranial or a flight helmet... no jar.

The explaination of the relationship and what you want and what your reasons are, remind me of highschool. I may sound like an a$$, but really... that is how this conversation is sounding.

If this is how you roll... then let her go so that she can find a man. One that will enjoy her and go to the ends of the earth for her.

I cannot imagine how empty my days, my life would be, without my wife and my kids. Is my life exactly like it was when I was 23? Hell no... do I want it to be? No... I dont want to be the freaky old guy at the bar playing the field, or chillin at home all weekend playing video games.

There is a time to grow up, and growing up means giving of yourself and letting go of childish things. Being self centered is a childish thing, ask my 6 year old.

This sounds less like a marriage issue, and more of a personal issue. Someone said that you would never be satisfied, and I agree... when you live for yourself, and your moods change... you are always living for something different, something that you do not have.

I spend 20 days and nights each month away from home, earning a living for my family... my wife does not work. I dont resent her, and the copious amounts of OT that are left for our own personal spending are split evenly, no grudge. I take pride in the fact that I can provide for my family and that my wife does not have to work... Id never resent it.

My $.02

I dont know if anyone touched on this or not, but it sounds like you guys should take one day a week apart to do your own thing. It gives you some time to not only do things you want by yourself or with the guys, but it makes you miss her a little more. In turn it makes the time you spend together seem more important. I do MMA 2 nights a week, not because I dont want to spend time with her but because I want to better myself as well.

Either way best of luck man.

lol First tour in Iraq was with a 12B group (now it's 21B, why? I dunno...), they never did give me the MOSQ which is fine. I was quite happy being an 11B.

Yeah, everytime we set up a perimeter then the I bat showed up the made fun of us. The sure didnt mind us showing up when the 60 hole needed dug though.. We had equipment.

they all agreed that we werent nearly as bad as the artillery though.

let me start this by saying I've been drinking pretty well tonight while the SWMBO watches True Blood on demand.

So I have been married for 2 years and am in a good marriage, but I have been thinking about throwing in the towel. Sadly I have no "good" reason. The wife and I love each other, are mostly supportive, and we rarely fight. However my only real reason for wanting to leave is that i miss the freedoms of being single. Drink as much as I want, or do nothing on a saturday except sit around in my boxers. I guess that I feel pretty selfish about theses reasons, and i problably should but are they valid ones to act on? I promised to marry myself to this woman forever. I think deep down inside I don't want to have to share my life with anyone anymore, to have to make mutual descisions, and to share income when I work harder for my income (I'm us army infantry and she's a secretary and a medical office).

Ya man, I gotta tell ya. If you feel that way, go for it. If your chick ain't down with your wants, there's a better one out there. Either that or, she should be able to go do some of her own stuff while you just chill. I would tell her to start smoking some weed, but that just makes girls even more ridiculous because they can't just chill the **** out.

Back