Sneezing after milling grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwible204

Reaction score
Ever since I started milling my own grain, I've noticed that 10-15 minutes after doing so I sneeze uncontrollably. I have general pollen allergies that usually only effect me for 1 or 2 weeks a year. Other than that, I'm allergic to dogs and cats pretty severely. Other than the sneezing, I get no other reaction from the grain. Fortunately, this only seems to be a problem when dealing with the grain in it's raw form, not any time thereafter.

Does anyone else experience this?

Are you milling outside? I could see it being an issue inside, but I always mill outside my garage and away from everything and I've never had an issue.

Are you milling outside? I could see it being an issue inside, but I always mill outside my garage and away from everything and I've never had an issue.

No, I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment so there's not much space. It's not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience for about 4 minutes during the actual sneezing. Maybe when it's warmer I'll take the mill out on the patio.

Back