Smooth Brew Day Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
I've only done a few AG batches and today was definitely the smoothest brew day I've had. I hit my SG right on the mark, everything was timed well and didn't have any major hiccups. I still think I could shave 45-60 minutes off my time if it wasn't so windy outside blowing my flame around so much. I think I'll try brewing in the garage next time and move the vehicles out to the street to see if that helps. It really shouldn't take 45 minutes to get my strike water to temp on a 175,000 btu turkey fryer.

It usually takes me about 45 minutes to heat 10 gallons to 170 degrees with my NG setup. I've tried tweaking my setup here and there and the best time I can come up with is 7 hours from absolute start to absolute (including full cleanup) finish (for 10 gallons). Like my wife says "who cares how long it takes, your doing something you enjoy....so enjoy!"

I've been able to heat my water in like 20 minutes when there's no wind but that doesn't happen very often. I think if I get the cars out of the garage, it will help keep the flame on the pot and shorten the heat/boil time.

Either way, it was a pretty efficient brew day and nothing to complain about. Especially since I'm all done, got some grilled hot wings and sausage and waiting for the Cowboys game to start. Home brew and good grilled grub is the best!

Latest posts

Back