Smallest possible mini fridge that can fit bucket and keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micfiygd

Reaction score
So I recently moved and have sadly lost access to my beautiful giant freezer that I could store more than enough fermenting buckets and kegs in as I needed.

Now that I am in my significantly smaller apartment I need some recommendations as to a mini fridge that I will be able to use as a fermenter (I only ferment in buckets) and as a place store and keep my keg cold (I have a standard ball lock keg).

I only have one beer going at once, so fitting both in the fridge is not a problem. I just need recommendations as to what type of mini fridge I could use as fermenter and keg storage.

I just went through this myself last weekend. Main issue you'll have is finding the model #s that people recommend. Most models are only around for a year or so. What I just did was to measure the dimensions of my better bottles and go to the various appliance stores and measured the different fridges until I found one that works. Or you could just go buy a 5.5 cu ft chest freezer and either adjust the temperature set screw, or buy a digital temp controller and call it a day.

Cheers!

You can also watch Craigslist for a used Wine Cooler/Fridge. Anything 28 bottle or larger should fit your carboys and most buckets. With some patience, I was able to pick mine up for $30.

With a temperature controller you can do both lagers and ales. Only thing I can't do in mine is cold-crash (can't get the temp below 40).

I will not ferment and serve at the same time.

I will use the fridge for fermenting, then it will become a serving vessel for the keg.

I don't brew enough that I will need to ferment and serve at the same time.

Back