Smallest Chest Freezer that will hold 3 kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmann86

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a kegerator, or I guess more technically, a keezer. I'm looking for a freezer that will fit 3 kegs, a tower, and won't require a collar. It looks like the Holiday 5.0 from the size thread will fit three, but I've read that the design of this freezer has changed and the shelf is now the full width. It looks like the next smallest is the Holiday 6.8 or GE 7.0, but I can't seem to find the Holiday online.

Anyone built a small keezer that fits three kegs?

I have a GE 7cf and I can fit 3 pin locks without a collar, and my 5lb CO2 tank fits on the compressor bump. I had to turn the regulator so the adjustment knob faces down, but the lid closes with no collar.

What are you running for taps inside, picnic taps? I'm thinking about getting a 7 cubic foot freezer, and in the meantime rigging up the taps inside until I decide what to do for my collar.

emetcalf said:
I have a GE 7cf and I can fit 3 pin locks without a collar, and my 5lb CO2 tank fits on the compressor bump. I had to turn the regulator so the adjustment knob faces down, but the lid closes with no collar.

Also forgot to add, the holiday 5.0 won't even fit 2 pin lock kegs on the floor. Had to switch to ball locks.

Thanks for the responses, I think I am going to look at the GE 7cf. emetcalf, do you have any pictures of your setup?

My GE7ft with 8" collar can squeeze 5 kegs w/out a co2 tank. 4 kegs easy (even if pinlock).

Without building a collar I'd say your limited to 3 kegs that can fit on the floor. But that sounds perfect for you with room to upgrade in the future.

I have the Kenmore 7.2. Tank on the hump and 2 pin lock kegs and I think I can cold crash a carboy in there. So there is definitely room for 3.

Mine isn't done yet, but I can take a picture with 3 kegs and the co2 tank inside later tonight after work (if I remember). I'm going to mount a tower on top for the taps.

Mine isn't done yet, but I can take a picture with 3 kegs and the co2 tank inside later tonight after work (if I remember). I'm going to mount a tower on top for the taps.

That would be great, thanks.

And thank you to everyone else who replied, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting the GE 7.0 cf freezer soon.

Cheers

so it probably cant fit 3 kegs plus a 10pound co2 without a collar?

so it probably cant fit 3 kegs plus a 10pound co2 without a collar?

I don't know the dimensions of a 10 pound tank, but I would guess no. The gauges on my regulator keep the lid from closing unless I turn it 90 degrees to flatten them out.

Here is a picture of the inside of mine, sorry it took so long.
2012-04-12144540.jpg

The kegs are all pin locks, and there is plenty of room on top for the disconnects, but I think ball locks would be just a little too tall without a collar. Three kegs fit on the floor with a little room to move around, but I can't get a 4th pin lock in.

Back