small gasket missing in regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
I replaced my tank today ...

I lost the small round gasket that goes between the regulator sleeve and the tank..

I threw a bunch of tape in the treads and craked it up slowly...kegs are getting pressure..but where can I get another gasket for the regulator ? Should I worry ?

It was a small solid white seal with a small hole in center ...seemed like the edges were tapered a bit

I would just goto the hardware for the replacement, but I am not sure what to ask for (??!)

Can you tell I am not a plumber ?

You do need one. Your gas supplier might have these - not plastic but works well enough. I would say tape won't be much good but who knows, Do spray all the possible leak points with soapy water no matter what you do.

Thx all...I ordered a bunch from KegKits ... meanwhile will test for leaks...not sure what I wld do if I discover a leeak...the beer is flowing, and I guess I need to get the series on the tube..

Worst case scenerio is I am out 1 5lb tank of gas ... but I plan to pick up some on Monday at the welding shop and use a new one every time I swap tanks...

I guess this is yet another trial that many keggers go through, but I know I won't let that happen again !

... but I plan to pick up some on Monday at the welding shop and use a new one every time I swap tanks...

Doubt you need a new one each tank...one should last a loooong time. If ya find a leak, just shut off the gas when you are done consuming. The keg should stay at constant pressure w/out an active feed unless you are pouring.

Good idea...

Going to do that right now..

I suppose that whatever pressure has been applied to the kegs will stay thanks to check valves in manifold..and assuming all my seals in the keg are adequate..

Go to your local hardware store. In the nuts n bolts drawers you'll find a nylon washer that fits inside the nut on your regulator. I used one of these for months before I found a "Proper" seal for my regs.

My welding place gives them to us for free. Tape won't work and you may not see bubbles when you test I didn't but still lost a tankfull of gas, very slow leak I guess. But the 7lb tank only lasted like carbing two kegs. Thought I had a bad regulator but I was missing that little washer.

follow up - I got the washers...put one in (late at night), cranked on the regulator...tank was empty the next day ...I can only assume the washer not seated properly since I did not put it down all the way ...

Live and learn... second attempt with fresh tank has had much better luck.

Back