Sliders...where does it come from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRLynch

Reaction score
I went to the store this morning for coffee and half and half, and came back with four different ground meats (beef, pork, turkey, and veal). I'm going to make a sampler plate of sliders (small burgers, about 3 in in diameter). Does anyone know where this name comes from? For fun, here's the two recipes I've come up with so far:

Beef Slider
Ingredients: ground beef (87%, and yes, it matters!), Mike's Special Spice Rub, worsteshire sauce, bacon, cheese, ketsup.

Chicken Slider
Ingredients: chicken breast (cut to size), Mike's Special Spice Rub, bacon, vidalia onion dressing, bacon, cheese.

Mike's Special Spice Rub
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Chipotle powder
Cumin

(you didn't think I was going to give you the ratios, did you?)

I have my method for "Hamburguesas de Castillo Blanco" somewhere on here. No idea the lineage of "Slider".

:cross:I second the belly bomb account...every one that i talk to agrees....Slides in and aaah slides out....:cross:

Dunno but on the very rare occasion I go to mcdonalds I have to take a horrible mcsh*t the next day. Usually I'm like screw it. I'll just take a shower.

Ah, if only all of you had access to White Castle. And Travis. And Tel-Way.
Not to mention Coney Island.

There used to be nothing better then closing down Shores Inn with my roommates, walking over to Travis, then walking home. Those were some good times.

Latest posts

Back