Skeeter pee mistake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutch

Reaction score
Hey guys so I just did my first batch of SP and I think I made I big mistake? I followed the recipe exactly except for one big part. I was in a groove and a had a starter going of lalvin K1-V1116 a tad of nutrient energizer sugar water and lemon juice..the starter was going good and I dumped it in primary without waiting 24 hours..am I going to have to repitch?

you should know by tonight.

So I got home from work this morning and checked it out..no airlock activity..well I took a hydrometer reading for any sign and it remained the same..I am wondering if I should just make a new starter and add small amounts of must?

Awesome. I just started a batch and it's been a couple days. Weak start and it stopped. So I put a 100watt space heater beside it and it kicked off again. Looks like I'll be investing in some heat belts.

I put half sugar water and yeast. Let it fester. Then added half sp from the primary to top up the bottle, let it sit. After it was good and fermenting in the bottle I added it into the primary with some energizer and nutrient. Whipped it for 1 minute and Boomshow! It's now going strong. No heating needed.

Read the suggestion on here and used it. Worked well.

I put half sugar water and yeast. Let it fester. Then added half sp from the primary to top up the bottle, let it sit. After it was good and fermenting in the bottle I added it into the primary with some energizer and nutrient. Whipped it for 1 minute and Boomshow! It's now going strong. No heating needed.

Read the suggestion on here and used it. Worked well.

PSA I did find out last night that the second energizer addition is mandatory..I forgot to do it but last night I remembered and it took off and we’re back in business

Back