Sir Edward Stout clone just maybe ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman52

Reaction score
Hi All.
I am kind of just getting back into beer making. I guess what kind of got me into it again was I had a strong yearning for a Cincinnati beer called Sir Edward Stout. It was brewed by the Hudepohl-Schoeling Brewing Co. . it been years since I had any but I remember I always liked it. It was not real dark I say medium to light body. Not a real strong hopped beer, but it was creamy and around a 6%. The people that bought the Hudepohl-Schoeling brewery keep saying they're going to bring it back, but it's been over 6 years now and nothing. I guess what I am asking is there a recipe that would be close to it and is there anyone out there that actually knows and drank the stout I am talking about. Yes I would like to try and make it or at least something close to it. I am tired of waiting on them to start making it again.
Thanks
Captn Jack...

Back