Siphoning from 1 gallon growler question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden5757

Reaction score
I have some finished IPAs in 4 little 1 gallon growlers that I am ready to bottle. I was able to use a racking cane to pull a sample with my thumb over the hole, but none of my other equipment will fit in the hole. Any suggestions? Any obvious thing I'm not thinking of?

Either mini auto siphon, or just use a piece of tubing and your bottling wand to start a siphon, pause it, then transfer the open end of the tube to the beer, and depress the bottling wand tip until the beer comes out, then transfer to wherever you wanted to rack the beer to.

Either mini auto siphon, or just use a piece of tubing and your bottling wand to start a siphon, pause it, then transfer the open end of the tube to the beer, and depress the bottling wand tip until the beer comes out, then transfer to wherever you wanted to rack the beer to.

I like that idea and might use it soon. I've got four 4L batches of mead going right now, with three needing to rack in the next couple weeks. The idea of using the full-size auto siphon seemed kind've nutty for batches of that size, but I don't have a mini. The tube and bottling wand suggestion sounds pretty good to me.

Back