Single Tier Build Propane Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Reaction score
In the process of building my single-tier brewstand, but am stuck trying to decide if I should use a dual stage low pressure regulator coming off the propane tank, or place two dual stage regulators (one each for HLT and MT) with low pressure regulator coming of the tank. Most regulators I have found have 1/4 input and 3/8 output but I see most people use 1/2 black pipe seems like using a bunch of adapters to connect.

Using the following for system
2 - VR8200A2132 1/2", 24 Vac Standing Pilot Gas Valve
2 - Honeywell Q314A4586 Pilot Burner
2 - BG 14 Burners

This is the part of the build that is driving me crazy. Ready to finish the build everything else seems to be falling in place thanks for and help

Im in the process of making a single tier stand as well. Im no expert but if you use a dual stage regulator at the propane tank all 3 burners will be low pressure. I dont know if thats what you want but I know some people run high pressure on brew kettle and low pressure on mash/hlt. Im not to sure if you can use one dual regulator for both mash/hlt or if two is required

Back