Single 12oz pouch or box for checked luggage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bionicrocky

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm wondering if anyone knows of something like this for 12oz beer bottles? http://www.uline.com/BL_5589/Wine-Skins

I'm giving out my homebrew as wedding favors and some will need to pack it in their checked luggage to get it home. Any other ideas to make it simple for them gladly appreciated!

That's some fancy bubble wrap right there....and hella expensive. My experience is bubble wrap and some packing tape does the trick. Plus, its customizable for whatever bottles you need to wrap up. I spent a lot of time lugging bottles of wine back from all over Europe, and the wife's family mules me Bamberg's best every time the come visit, bubble wrap is the key, and it's relatively cheap too!

I put them in a ziplock bag and wrap my dirty clothes around them and stuff in the suitcase. You have to watch the weight limit so you don't have to pay extra.

I've found that an old t-shirt works. I normally bring back 6 or so FFF beer or Revolution beer from Chicago whenever I go. Have had great luck so far.

Wow... that is expensive bubble wrap! It may be easier to just buy a big roll of bubble wrap from a moving or storage place. You can just wrap the bottles and tie a ribbon on each side. Or, a slightly less labour-intensive option would be to buy padded envelopes that are big enough to put a beer in.

Personally, I'd think about PET bottles for this project and forget about the bubble wrap.

** Edit: I did some googling and found this: http://www.spiritedshipper.com/shippingsupplies/product_info.php/products_id/111/osCsid/019mb7nkrhf1le72vg5rb12nh4 Simple, classy, and for an extra $1 per box, they'll silkscreen your wedding design on the box. This is probably the most SWMBO-approved option. :)

Back