Simple, 'sustainable' beer storage without extra CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnygreenwood

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post here.

I've been homebrewing for a couple of years, and up until now I've always stored beer in bottles and in my Tap-a-Draft system.

However, I do have a cellar that stays cool year-round, and I'm looking for a way to store beer in the cellar that doesn't involve the use of added C02 (like the Tap-a-Draft cartridges, or a large C02 canister as you'd use with a traditional keg). Mostly I don't like the idea of constantly buying and using C02 cartridges/tanks. I'm thinking some kind of large container with a dispenser that I could store sugar-primed beer in, and just dispense it at will.

Does something like this exist? Obviously I realize I could just store the beer indefinitely in bottles, but I thought there might be some way to store it in a barrel-like container which can dispense beer readily but doesn't need added C02. Thanks.

Depending on how much you drink and how much you ferment, you may be able to rig up something that uses fermentation off gasing to blanket a keg of real ale... That might be cool.

Or use Fass Frische kegs and serve real ale over a couple days... do a search for fass frische and a good thread should come up.

Back