Simple Stirplate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGGER

Reaction score
I have decided that in the past I have over engineered most of the projects I get into. This time was different. I only wanted mimimal construction. What i did was purchase a cheap 3.5" hard drive enclosure with power supply and a variable speed fan with controler from newegg.com. Now all that was left is basic assembly. The hard drive case was aluminum and needed a hole cut in it to allow maximum magnetics. I mounted the speed control control into the front panel. glued an old hard drive magnet onto the fan after finding the magnetic center. Photos are below......

DRAGGER.....
IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

Looks nice...seems functional :mug:
First time I have seen a single magnet setup for this application...just wondering if the stir bar throws in use?
If I ever get around to doing a stirplate I will probably go for the starburst stir bar

Curious about your part list/links?

Welcome to HBT DRAGGER

Cheers
BeerCanuck

It has thrown the bar but only at MAX RPM. It has to pull the vortex to the bottom and cavitate for a while before it throws the bar.....

DRAGGER.....

Back