Simple side by side same temp ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWOODY777

Reaction score
I have a side by side refridge/freezer combo. I want to convert the freezer to a kegerator and leave the refridge side alone..... Is this possible? I haven't been able to find anything about this.

There are a few side-by-side conversions on here. I did one, making the freezer the dispensing side and the fridge a fermentation chamber. It sounds like you want to have independent control over both sides? The problem is most fridges (all maybe, idk) have all of the active cooling on the freezer side and the fridge side is cooled by blowing cold air in from the freezer. This is great except you can never get the fridge side as cold as the freezer side. I keep my keezer (?) side at 38 F. The coldest I can get on the fridge side is about 45 F with the fans running all the time. It works great for my setup. YMMV. Cheers!

Back