Simple, cheap sparge arm / Blichmann auto sparge bracket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperialStout

Reaction score
Built this set up originally to use a Blichmann Auto sparge with a 10 gal Igloo cooler as a mash tun. Worked great but not any better than what I came up with, which was a lot cheaper.

As you can see, the sparge arm is for fly sparging. The aluminium bar with 3/4" hole was to hold the Blichmann auto sparge. Anyone wanting to use an auto sparge with a cooler can see how I attached it.

This new system works great. Just attach the tubing from the HLT, adjust the flow and gravity takes care of the rest.

The photos show the sparge arm with the holes facing up for clarity. The holes are 1/6", staggered off center. Wanted the sparge water to spray out rather than straight down to avoid possible channeling. If I were to re-do this I would make the holes spray out a little further so the sparge water hits the mash with less force.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back