silicone beer line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iasquith

Reaction score
hi there,
well I'm using one its real narrow, I'd guess smaller than 3\16 and 10 foot long .
works real well but I'm sure someone is going to say its a bad idea.
feel free thanks.

I recall someone else trying it. Luckily they opened the kegerator for some reason and found the line ballooned up near the shank a few days later. It would not have been a pretty thing to pump 5 G of beer into the bottom of the kegerator. Good luck.

Take a look at the pressure ratings on silicone tubing... it is VERY low. It will likely balloon and/or explode

They do sell high pressure reinforced silicone tubing, however if you don't have that you might have troubles. I did a quick look at 3/16" Tygon and the rated max working pressure is under 20 psi . . . it might work but why risk it?

yes ok. well it seems as if I'm just going to be using max of 8-10ib of pressure on my system so I"ll stay with it till the keg runs out :(. then I'll guess I'll change it out to normal beer line, which I discovered I had all along, stashed away.
I was just worried it may be toxic or the gas maybe escapes through the side walls or something like that thanks guys.

I was just worried it may be toxic or the gas maybe escapes through the side walls or something like that thanks guys.
Well, it does do all that but we were just concerned for the beer.

:D That was a joke, it doesn't do all that.

Back