Silicon hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceuass

Reaction score
whats the difference between 1/2 ID 5/8 OD and 1/2 ID 3/4 OD (and I dont mean the size difference)
US plastic has 1/2 ID 5/8 OD for $1.15 a foot whereas the 3/4 OD is $2.34 compared to most brew stores at $2.10
Cheers
Paul;)

Thickness of the wall. The 3/4" tubing is less likely to burst when running hot wort through it at pressure. (Which is something I'd rather not happen, personally!)

All my stuff is 3/4" OD, I'd be (personally) nervous about using the thinner stuff.

good points
I guess there are certains areas you can use cheaper items but in the long run you end up paying more, for the amount of hose i need
Im embarrased to think I would only save about $10 considering all the other equipment Im buying
Cheers
Paul;)

I'd like reinforced 3/4" OD but that will force me to sell a child on the black market.

So what's the problem? I'll pay you to take two kids, LOL!
Nuff of this with the kids.

I'm more to thinking thicker wall tubing will also help with less temp losses while pumping thru the lines, this to me would be another valuable consideration when brewing if one can afford the thicker wall tubing of the two go for it.

Back