Sierra Nevada surprise hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codywatkins

Reaction score
Have Sierra Nevada surprise used for ales for als from my home brew club but I can’t find any info on them. Was hoping someone out there had some info. Thanks for any help

Ales for als is what is written on the package but I can’t find any info on the site

I did see that when looking I wonder if the whole package is a blend
Thanks for looking I appreciate it

yeah, not a hop variety, its a blend. From https://a4a.als.net/

Breweries from around the world are invited to join Ales for ALS™. Once accepted, participating Ales for ALS™ brewers receive their requested amount of the unique hop blend, created and donated annually by Loftus Ranches and YCH Hops exclusively for brewers participating in this fundraising program. There is no charge to brewers for this amazing hop blend. Ales for ALS™ brewers donate $1 to the ALS Therapy Development Institute for each pint of the resulting Ales for ALS™ brew sold. The funds raised are spent immediately on their mission to discover and develop effective treatments for ALS.​

Sounds like it's similar to the Veterans Blend that was intended for a similar purpose (though with that one brewers bought it and YCH donated a portion to veterans organizations).

Back