Sierra Nevada Glissades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglysofa

Reaction score
Enjoying one right now after a big plate of Jumbalaya :ban: What are your thoughts on the beer?

Just picked up a sixer of it and it's not a bad beer, but I don't think I'll buy another. Just kind of Meh.

Didnt like last year's. Like ChshreCat said"..kind of Meh". Not malty enough if my memory serves me correct.

Tried it and didn't like it. So far, it's the only beer that I've tried that I'll never try again.

Tried it and didn't like it. So far, it's the only beer that I've tried that I'll never try again.

I take that back. So far, It's one of two beers I've tried that I'll never try again.

Sam Adams Noble Pils is the other. I really looked forward to drinking a glass of their White Ale on draft during lunch in the spring. They replaced it with Noble Pils which I think is terrible.

While I enjoy their Celebration and Bigfoot, I have to admit that I find their pale ale to be kind of meh too.

from the bottle:
"Glissade is remarkably mellow, sliding across the palate with layers of subtle malt flavor balanced by a touch of delicate European hops"

IMHO a bit of goat ass... thin body... and had to force down #6 a week after purchase...

While I enjoy their Celebration and Bigfoot, I have to admit that I find their pale ale to be kind of meh too.

I like their pale as a session... no goat assy-ness. most bocks have this for me. SN's overall are good for me. LOVE special hop line (wet hop, early hop etc) Celebration & bigfoot

Wow. I dig it so more for me. Something a little different. I dont buy it often but when staring at the store refrigerator its a nice change as to what I usually get. I usually only pay top $ for IPA's. But once in a while I'll grab some Glissade or Firestone's Solace to shake it up..

Not my favorite but I do like it better than most mai bock type beers - a little more hops to balance the malt. Last years was better though. I probably won't buy anymore this year but I'll try it again next year.

The wife picked me up a 12 pack of it knowing I enjoy most of Sierra Nevada's brews. I thought it was kind of plain. However maybe I'm not a bock fan (first time having bock). I can say I tried it but don't think I would buy it my self.

Just my opinion :mug:

I'm surprised somebody hated Noble Pils. I'm not a big fan of most lager beers, but I thought it was one of the better Bohemian Pilsners that I've had.

One brew at a time...

I don't like it. I never look forward to their spring/summer beers. I love autumn/winter/bigfoot releases. Come summer I stick with Torpedo or SNPA.

Back