Side by side wiring help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
So, i was gifted a fairly good sized side by side that i can fit my sanke keg in for fermentation. However, the wiring is going to be interesting... so i have a few options.

1) keep the fridge at the warmest setting for my "cellar beers" above the sanke keg. Wrap the sanke keg with a flexawatt heater and insulation and have the heater run the sanke keg... and keep the insulation on so it doesn't heat up the fridge much.

2) this wiring i'm a bit leery on,... i've always seen a thermostat for each of the fridge and freezer. However, on this fridge, the freezer doesn't have a thermostat... when you twist the knob in the fridge to control the freezer, it only opens a flap on the freezer wall itself. This is fine as i don't want to change the freezer at all.
However, if i want to control the fridge, would i just take the two wires on the current fridge thermostat and wire them to the STC1000?

2016-03-10_15-24-46 by Noah Scott, on Flickr

Well, i just found a VERY similar guy in austrailia with the same fridge (Sans ice maker)... i'll just follow along in the footsteps of the fan route... just need to get another STC1000 now.

http://homebrewingaustralia.net/4/

Latest posts

Back