Side by side temperature control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

methusula110

Reaction score
If I use a side by side Refrigerator/Freezer and use a control device to keep the fridge side at 65-70, what will the temperature be in the freezer? I want to turn my side by side into a fermentation chamber and use the freezer side for cold beer.

Any help would be appreciated:confused:

When I had mine I found it to be about a 20 degree difference. I kept my probe in the fermentation(fridge) side around 65 and my serving side(freezer) around 45. I have since cut a big hole in the divider between the two chambers and only use it as a fermentation chamber.

This is the project I am working on, I will be replacing the thermostat with a stc-1000 and place in freezer to control freezer side temp. next add a additional stc-1000 on fridge side to control a fan that will pull air from freezer side to cool my fermentation chamber. I also will be adding a heat source as well to help stabilize.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I simply used a Johnson controller and adjusted the the fridge side with the internal settings on the fridge. Worked like a charm.

Back