Side by Side Build...Need some electrical help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jps101

Reaction score
I always enjoy watch (looking) at the pictures when someone posts their build. That is certainly my intention and I will come back and begin to add pictures. However, before I do that, I am at a bit of a crossroads. I picked up a fridge which I thought was purely analog, until I got it home and started to pull it apart. I found that most of it is driven by a circuit board. I was able to locate the wiring schmatic, which was printed on plastic sheathing. Sort of like a plastic baggie, kudos for the thought process behind that one. Nonetheless, I have given a fair amount of thought but am hoping to get some feedback from the experts or at least those who know more than me.

Here are my questions...

Can I hardwire my love controller directly to the compressor and use the temp probe in the freezer to control temp on the freezer side?

Can I then hardwire a second controller to a computer fan to pull cold air from the freezeer side to reach the appropriate temp on the fresh food side?

There is a solonoid operated damper between the freezer side and fresh food side. Would it be possible to rewire in such a way that the controller operates the damper and thus not use the computer fan?

Can I simply cut the wires from the thermistor on the freezer and fresh food side as it comes into the circuit board?

The evaporative fan has its own thermistor and I see no reason to take this out as I still want that to work as designed.

I am removing every other electrical component that is not going to be utilized. Examples: ice maker, auger, light on the fridge side (replacing with LED's).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Left schmatic.jpg

right schematic.jpg

fridge overall.jpg

Post a close up of the board. And a picture of the whole refrigerator. I think you can get by with keeping everything working just by removing the thermostat relay and replacing it with the controller. But I need to see the board to tell u which wire to cut.

Thanks. I will do that later in the week. I did happen to come across another build using same/similar model. At least they have the same wiring schematic.

Back