Side arms dying & friend or foe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnarCzar

Reaction score
My side arms on a few of my plants are drying out at the tips. It was hot for two days and then really windy. I am thinking this is what caused this. Also Should I be getting rid of what looks like to be some sort of grass hopper? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
I do think it's pest related especially if you're only seeing it on the side arms. Insects like to attack the new growth first. I'm seeing the same thing on a few of my plants that's related to leafhoppers. I struggle with them every year from mid May to mid June. I'm not sure if that grasshopper is the real problem so I would check the undersides of you leaves and see what you find.

Looks more like an aphid to me. Spray them directly with soapy water. I have heard that diatomaceous earth works well also as a natural pesticide if you don’t want to keep babysitting your plants with a spray bottle.

Back