Sickness: Man opens fire on Denver area theater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even walk into a movie theater with a bottle of soda. How did this guy pass through with a rifle, handgun, tactical vest, smoke grenade, etc?

I can't even walk into a movie theater with a bottle of soda. How did this guy pass through with a rifle, handgun, tactical vest, smoke grenade, etc?

His wife's purse. Works for the soda (homebrew?), at least.

I don't think he bought a ticket.

Didn't the article say witnesses said he burst through the back emergency door?

Through the theaters exit door. No one has said how he got in for sure. Some reports say he kicked it in but that's tought to do. There's some that reported see someone in the front row getting a phone call and going to the exit door and holding it open like he was looking for someone. Maybe he propped it open at that point.

another sick sign of the times we live in but it's going to get worse
I hope you all have plenty of brew and hooch to barter with in the near future! as for the murderer he'll plead insanity and we all will pay to keep this SOB in a posh little nut house with cable TV good meds and hot food..
but we can always hope they fry the maggot. doubt it though............

"1. Concealed Weapons Ordinances

A. Concealed Carry Bans

(Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Englewood,

Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Northglenn, Pueblo, Thornton, Westminster,

Wheat Ridge)"

This. And...

"Aurora

1. "Dangerous weapon" includes firearm

2. Revocation of license for furnishing a firearm to a minor or someone under the influence.

3. Window displays cannot include firearms with barrels less than 12 inches long.

4. Unlawful to carry concealed "dangerous weapon"

5. Unlawful to discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range.

6. Unlawful to possess firearm while under the influence of intoxicant

7. Unlawful to have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

8. Unlawful for a juvenile to possess a firearm."

This.

Rumor has it that he bought a ticket, went into the theater, out the exit leaving the door propped open, armed himself and went back in. His car was right outside the door. He may have moved it there after he went out .

I recommend that we dump the talk of blame or vigilanteism.

Can we focus on finding some way our little online community can help the families or community? It is early, I know, but not too early to start thinking about it...

Surrendering to the cops though was lame. He should've shot it out with them. And not suicide by cop, even if it that is what a lone gunman shootout amounts to. If he was all geared up, hell, go for it, man. At least make a run for it.

What a dumba$$ thing to say.

I am glad he surrendered. Shooting it out with police would have likely ended up in a few wounded/dead cops as well. This guy was in full on assult gear. The police that responded likely had vests, but little more. Granted cops are trained but still this $hithead was in full out assult gear and would have had an advantage on the cops who responded in about 90 seconds to the first 911 calls.

He will get the death penality anyway, so im thankful he surrendered and no police officers were wounded/killed in some stupid "blaze of glory" routine.

He needs to be executed, slowly. He's already gained worldwide notoriety, all the other psychos know this is how to get everyone to know your name. Maybe some of them will think twice if they know they'll be flayed and have their fingernails ripped off. I don't give a **** if it's barbaric, or about "sinking to their level", these ****ing dirtbags need to be made examples of publicly. Evil shows no mercy, neither should we.

I don't even know what to say to this kind of dumb **** comment

I'll give this nut-job credit for one thing. He didn't kill himself at the end. I've never understood that. Why go through all the work only to off yourself? If that's your end move, just sit at home and do it. Leave us alone.

Surrendering to the cops though was lame. He should've shot it out with them. And not suicide by cop, even if it that is what a lone gunman shootout amounts to. If he was all geared up, hell, go for it, man. At least make a run for it.

I don't even know what to say to this kind of dumb **** comment

I don't know which is worse, that comment, or the fact that a guy I know made a joke about the tragedy on facebook this morning. Am I a bad person for tearing him a new one?

People can be evil and heartless. Especially when it doesn't affect them.

Back