Shut off valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psheku

Reaction score
I have pieced together enough equipment to expand to two kegs. I didn't realize until I went to assemble everything that one regulator is left hand threads and the other is right. It was not a big deal, I just ordered the parts to attach the two. I also realized all my shut off valves are right threaded too. Are the shut off valves necessary?

Having shutoffs will help when you are trying to burst carb one while leaving the other at serving pressure.

Having shutoffs will help when you are trying to burst carb one while leaving the other at serving pressure.

Each regulator should control each keg right? I have a primary and a secondary setup, not one regulator with a manifold.

I have 2 regulators and 3 CO2 outlets. One regulator is used for carbing the on deck keg, the other regulator is used to serve the 2 kegs. You CAN do it with 1,2,or 3 regulators. For me it was important to be able to burst carb a keg. Don't think of it as one regulator for each keg. think of it as how many pressures do you want to have available? For me the answer was 2.

I have 2 regulators and 3 CO2 outlets. One regulator is used for carbing the on deck keg, the other regulator is used to serve the 2 kegs. You CAN do it with 1,2,or 3 regulators. For me it was important to be able to burst carb a keg. Don't think of it as one regulator for each keg. think of it as how many pressures do you want to have available? For me the answer was 2.

That makes sense. I see why you have it set up that way.

Latest posts

Back