Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend I turned this
1622846_10152207173524189_1135826858_n.jpg

Into this
1920146_10152237829909189_51794798_n.jpg

Got two going now, a milk mead and a coffee I'm doing as an experiment. Coffee is in secondary (yes, in an empty Kraken bottle) and milk is 6 days into primary.

The giant mason jar is sake I am messing with.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392515648.827029.jpg

How was the milk done? Lactose sugar along with honey? Or just plan milk which would spoil before fermentation occurs?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How was the milk done? Lactose sugar along with honey? Or just plan milk which would spoil before fermentation occurs?

I followed the milk mead recipe that is a different thread. Used lactose free milk and it curdled really fast. No smell or anything. Just racked into secondary, been only one week. Trying to make cheese from the curds now ha.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392600868.161631.jpg

This is it after racking off the curds

That just sounds terrible milk mead... But I guess gotta try to know how it is...

Wow I was thinkin of makin a cinnamon mead... May have found the inspiration

Sticks. I basically made Joam but with no fruit and an extra cin stick. One day I made Joam, a lemon Joam, and the cinnamon. The others were amazing and clear. Cinnamon taste fine, just cloudy.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

IMG_20140219_151240464_HDR.jpg

some stuff in primary/secondary.
back row: strawberry mel, ob traditional, wildflower traditional, Lord Rhys, buckwheat traditional
front row: cranberry/Pom mel (probably more of a cyser - pyser? poser?), mixed berry mel

Orange blossom mead. The best yet. Brewed November 2012

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Home Brew mobile app

1393103580040.jpg

1393103604801.jpg

My first mead attempt. I looked at a number of different recipes and then kind of created my own. Will see how things turn out. It was in the primary for 5 weeks, and just transferred to the secondary this weekend. It looks pretty

20140224_100106.jpg

Wow, been neglecting here...

I just racked my Feb mead:
1gallons:
Blueberry
Strawberry
Raspberry
2 wild flower

And a 7 gal of traditional

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393350580.253969.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393350598.477776.jpg

Love finally being able to post a picture of a finished product! My first two meads.

The two bottles on the left are a 14.3% Georgia Wildflower traditional and the two on the right are a 12.6% Orange Blossom traditional. Both dry.

This was right after bottling. So tasty at 8 months old!

IMG_1879.jpg

Front jug is sea-buckthorn mead. Back one is just wine. This is my favorite mead so far, honey comes out nicely with a slight hint of citrus.

I have 5 gallons of clover fermenting. It's been a month, and I'm growing impatient with it. I know it takes time to develop the flavors, but I want it now.

It's in the bucket, in the back of the photo. The bottles in front of said bucket will house that mead. Actually, there's a rather large bottle, obscured by the leg of my table. It drains about 25% of the fermenter, accounting for trub. Since this is my first mead, I'm not exactly sure how much trub comes out of a 5 gallon batch.

I have 5 gallons of clover fermenting. It's been a month, and I'm growing impatient with it. I know it takes time to develop the flavors, but I want it now.

It's in the bucket, in the back of the photo. The bottles in front of said bucket will house that mead. Actually, there's a rather large bottle, obscured by the leg of my table. It drains about 25% of the fermenter, accounting for trub. Since this is my first mead, I'm not exactly sure how much trub comes out of a 5 gallon batch.

Nice collection of bottles. Brew something else that will be ready to drink sooner and take your mind off of that one. :)

Nice collection of bottles. Brew something else that will be ready to drink sooner and take your mind off of that one. :)

I did. It, too, is taxing my patience.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Home Brew mobile app

Andvari7! Where did you get those bottles?!?!? Lol

BOCHET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12922061253_609fbe3e10_b.jpg

It's a bit young still... ~10 months old, but it's still pretty good. I have 9 bottles left aging away for the future.

I never had a bochet before I made this stuff, and I have to say, it's easily the most interesting mead I've made to date. On the front end it's an untraceable sweetness. Not terribly sweet, but a distinct, almost sharp bite of something that doesn't resemble honey... then the blackness takes you and it ends with a prominent almost coffee flavor. It's wonderful... We'll see how it ages out over the next several years. :D

Back